Path of GTD Mastery – Mastering Workflow Series
The Mastering Workflow Series is a three-level productivity training program based on David Allen’s ground-breaking Getting Things Done® methodology. The series offers three engaging one-day courses and a series of succinct follow up sessions, all designed to ensure you are well-equipped to build and maintain trusted systems and make the most of your investment in learning GTD®. Though each level is complete and self-contained within its own scope–combined they deliver a total path for mastery.
Mastering Workflow Series: The Three Levels
Learn critical principles and techniques for gaining and staying in control, day to day
Level 1: Fundamentals builds on the five steps of workflow mastery: capture, clarify, organize, reflect, and engage. It focuses on the need to capture all potentially meaningful inputs into trusted tools, the decisions required to clarify what those captured items mean, the primary categories for organizing information and reminders, the procedure for reflecting and reorienting, and how to optimize your system to make priority choices.
PROJECTS & PRIORITIES
Learn key elements for defining and managing a complete inventory of multi-step outcomes within an integrated system, providing control and appropriate focus, week to week
Level 2: Projects & Priorities brings a new and more complete degree of “Mind Like Water®”—with the facility to recognize tensions as they emerge and transform them into controllable outcomes and doable actions. Problems, issues, and opportunities are translated into real projects with executable next actions.
FOCUS & DIRECTION
Learn a dynamic model for clarifying and aligning commitments, values, and interests at all levels, joining vision with action and execution, providing lifetime keys for staying positively oriented and engaged, no matter what
Level 3: Focus & Direction pulls together the idea of the “ultimate map room” —i.e. the awareness and capacity to create, update, refine, and utilize the orientation tools that optimize our experiences—seeing the best things to see, at any time, from the best perspective.
ABOUT THE COURSES
- Teach the best practices for executing on actions, projects, strategies, and initiatives
- Instill easily adopted behaviors that produce greater freedom to focus on the most significant things
- Eliminate distractions and noise, giving you more mental space for creative, innovative, and strategic thinking
- Build on the learning from the previous course
- Led by expert Trainers who have completed a rigorous certification program
- Presented through engaging lectures, videos about the best practices, hands-on exercises, group discussions, and Trainer demonstrations
- Delivered in one-day or two half-day formats
- Flexible to begin as a pilot program and expand
- Available on-site at your organization or through public courses held throughout the year.
ABOUT THE FOLLOW-UP SESSIONS
- Short and fast moving to provide an engaging experience
- Reinforce the best practices learned in each course
- Dive deeper into experiential exercises (e.g. Guided Weekly Review, Guided Mind Sweep)
- Provide an opportunity to ask an expert Trainer questions after the course
- Focus on specific implementation options (e.g. Guided Setup in Outlook, Google Apps, etc.)
- Delivered in person (for organizations bringing GTD on-site) or via webinar